BestCloudHostingASP.NET | Best and Affordable MediaWiki 1.37.1 hosting recommendation. MediaWiki is a free and open-source wiki application. It was originally developed by the Wikimedia Foundation and runs on many websites, including Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Wikimedia Commons.
When a user submits an edit to a page, MediaWiki writes it to the database, but without deleting the previous versions of the page, thus allowing easy reverts in case of vandalism or spamming. MediaWiki can manage image and multimedia files, too, which are stored in the filesystem. For large wikis with lots of users, MediaWiki supports caching and can be easily coupled with Squid proxy server software.
- MediaWiki now has limited support for JPEG2000 files.
Action API changes
- (T280806) The API methods for fetching tokens which were deprecated in MediaWiki 1.24 have been removed. action=query&meta=tokens&type= should be used instead. Please note, some token types no longer exist, and you should just use type=csrf for those instead.
- action=query&prop=info&intoken -> action=query&meta=tokens&type=csrf
- action=tokens&type= -> action=query&meta=tokens&type=
- action=query&list=recentchanges&rctoken -> action=query&meta=tokens&type=csrf
- action=query&prop=revisions&rvtoken=rollback -> action=query&meta=tokens&type=rollback
- action=query&meta=userinfo&uiprop=preferencestoken -> action=query&meta=tokens&type=csrf
- action=query&list=users&ustoken=userrights -> action=query&meta=tokens&type=userrights
- (T242768) The PasswordCannotMatchUsername password policy has been removed, please use PasswordCannotBeSubstringInUsername instead. If you have not customized your password policies, there will be nothing to do here.
- $wgBrowserFormatDetection – This setting allows the enabling or disabling of automatic detection of possible phone numbers in a webpage in iOS Safari.
- $wgParserEnableLegacyMediaDOM – This setting defaults to true, and enables the legacy media HTML structure in the output from the Parser. The alternative modern HTML structure for media is described at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsing/Media_structure. In a future release of MediaWiki, this option will default to false, so it’s a good idea to test this setting on your wiki early and report any issues.
- $wgContentHandlerTextFallback – This migration setting, which defines how to react if a plain text version of a non-text Content object is requested using ContentHandler::getContentText(), is deprecated.
- $wgActions – This setting lets sysadmins override which actions can be used. It has been re-worked to support injecting dependencies into Action sub-classes as part of wider work on dependency injection. Previously, $wgActions was an array where the keys were the names of actions, and the values had the following impacts (for a given key ‘Foo’):
- `true`: use the class ‘FooAction’ unless for a specific page WikiPage::getActionOverrides() wants to override that action
- a string: use the class with that name, and do not allow over-riding on a per-page basis
- `false`: the action is disabled
- a callable: use the Action instance returned by invoking that callback, and do not allow overriding on a per-page basis
- an object: use that specific Action instance, and do not allow overriding on a per-page basis.
As part of T253078, values can now be arrays that are not callables, which are treated as ObjectFactory specs, allowing for services to be injected. Additionally, the distinction between values that allow per-page overrides and those that do not be removed – all actions can now be overridden on a per-page basis using WikiPage::getActionOverrides().
- $wgShellboxUrl – This setting, new in 1.36 to configure the novel Shellbox encapsulation system, is now deprecated; use $wgShellboxUrls as a mapping of service => URL instead.
- $wgIncludejQueryMigrate – This setting, introduced in 1.29 to on whether to provide a migration layer for jQuery, has now switched its default value from true to false. This may break gadgets that depended on methods that were removed in jQuery 3 in 2017. See T280944 for more information.
- A number of settings have been renamed. The former configuration variable names are deprecated, but will be used as the fallback if they are still set, and remain temporarily available for extensions which might try to read them:
- $wgFileBlacklist is now $wgProhibitedFileExtensions
- $wgMimeTypeBlacklist is now $wgMimeTypeExclusions
- $wgEnableUserEmailBlacklist is now $wgEnableUserEmailMuteList
- $wgShortPagesNamespaceBlacklist is now $wgShortPagesNamespaceExclusions
- $wgFragmentMode – This setting, which determines the encoding of section IDs, has now switched its default value from legacy-first to html5-first: both the HTML5 anchor and the legacy percent-encoding-style anchor will still be generated for section titles, but references to them will use the HTML5 version, resulting in human-readable fragments.
- (T274695) $wgAjaxEditStash, deprecated in 1.36.
- $wgShowDBErrorBacktrace, deprecated and non-functional since 1.32.
- $wgShowSQLErrors, deprecated and non-functional since 1.32.
- $wgLangObjCacheSize, without deprecation; the LanguageFactory service now always retains at most 10 objects in its LRU-cache.
- $wgDjvuToXML, without deprecation; the tool it enables is obsolete and abandoned upstream. Use $wgDjvuDump to use that tool instead.
To choose the best and affordable MediaWiki hosting for your websites, we recommend you going with the following best Windows hosting which have been tested and proven by our Microsoft professionals.
SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014
SQL Server / db
HostForLIFEASP.NET offers a variety of best and affordable European Windows ASP.NET Shared Hosting Plans to fit any need. No matter whether you’re starting a Blog with WordPress, installing a CMS solution with Drupal, Moodle opening a Forum with MediaWiki, starting an Online Store with nopCommerce, or any number ventures beyond those mentioned above, their Windows ASP.NET Web Hosting plans are exactly what you’ve been looking for.
HostForLIFEASP.NET provides you with unlimited disk space for your website hosting needs. The way they can give you generous amounts of disk space is easily explained. The average cost of hard drives, keep getting lower and lower. So, in turn, tehy want to pass these saving along to you. This way they are sure you have enough storage space for your website files.
DiscountService.biz is web hosting company is rated number one when it comes to providing MediaWiki hosting services in Australia, it has fast become the industry leader in best and affordable hosting solutions. Their outstanding customer tech support and uptime stats of 99.9% set them apart from the rest, offering their clients feature-rich hosting services they just don’t want to part with. DiscountService.biz will give you a high power dedicated server hosting option that performs exceptionally at an exceptionally Cheap, reliable and affordable price. All of their servers are fully automated, and as such give you a reliable, fast network.
Overall, the software is a must-have for businesses and entrepreneurs to help manage their businesses. It is an integrated solution that helps you maintain your client-base, develop a relationship with your employees, exchange ideas, create a user-friendly environment for healthy interaction and keep track of everything you require. The most important thing this software helps you achieve is to save your time in amounts. And in business, time is money. And in the case that MediaWiki 1.37.1 is your best choice.