BestCloudHostingASP.NET | Best and affordable Drupal 8.5.2 hosting. The newest version of Drupal is 8.5.2. This is the first patch release of Drupal 8 and is ready for use on production sites. This release only contains bug fixes, as well as documentation and testing improvements.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is free, open source software that can be used by individuals or groups of users — even those lacking technical skills — to easily create and manage many types of Web sites. The application includes a content management platform and a development framework.
What is New in Drupal 8.5.2?
Maintenance and security release of the Drupal 8 series.
This release fixes security vulnerabilities. Sites are urged to upgrade immediately after reading the notes below and the security announcement:
- Drupal core – Moderately Critical – Cross Site Scripting- SA-CORE-2018-003
No changes have been made to the
robots.txtor default settings.php files in this release, so upgrading custom versions of those files is not necessary.
Drupal 8.5.2 Features
Drupal 8.5.2 – Inline Form Errors
Build interactions using 4 web services modules in core: RESTful web services, Serialization, Hypertext Application Language (HAL), and HTTP Basic Authentication. Make Drupal the backbone for the unique series of external applications your project needs. Patch records in a CRM or marketing automation tool. Post to social platforms and send email campaigns from a Drupal site. Get granular control over which resources are available and how they’re accessed.
Drupal 8.5.2 – Datetime Range
The Datetime Range module provides a field type that allows end dates to support contributed modules like Calendar. This stable release is backwards-compatible with the Drupal 8.3.x experimental version and shares a consistent API with other Datetime fields. Future releases may improve Views support, usability, Datetime Range field validation, and REST support.
Drupal 8.5.2 – Layout Discovery API
The Layout Discovery module provides an API for modules or themes to register layouts as well as five common layouts. Providing this API in core enables core and contributed layout solutions like Panels and Display Suite to be compatible with each other. This stable release is backwards-compatible with the 8.3.x experimental version and introduces support for per-region attributes.
Drupal 8.5.2 – Media API
The new core Media module provides an API for reusable media entities and references. It is based on the contributed Media Entity module.
Since there is a rich ecosystem of Drupal contributed modules built on Media Entity, the top priority for this release is to provide a stable core API and data model for a smoother transition for these modules. Developers and expert site builders can now add Media as a dependency. Work is underway to provide an update path for existing sites’ Media Entity data and to port existing contributed modules to the refined core API.
Note that the core Media module is currently marked hidden and will not appear on the ‘Extend’ (module administration) page. (Enabling a contributed module that depends on the core Media module will also enable Media automatically.) The module will be displayed to site builders normally once once related user experience issues are resolved in a future release.
Similarly, the REST API and normalizations for Media are not final and support for decoupled applications will be improved in a future release.
Drupal 8.5.2 – Content authoring and site administration experience improvements
The “Save and keep (un)published” dropbutton has been replaced with a “Published” checkbox and single “Save” button. The “Save and…” dropbutton was a new design in Drupal 8, but users found it confusing, so we have restored a design that is more similar to the user interface for Drupal 7 and earlier.
Both the “Comments” administration page at `/admin/content/comment` and the “Recent log messages” report provided by dblog are now configurable views. This allows site builders to easily customize, replace or clone these screens.
Drupal 8.5.2 – Updated migrations
This release adds date and node reference support for Drupal 6 to Drupal 8 migrations. Core provides migrations for most Drupal 6 data and can be used for migrating Drupal 6 sites to Drupal 8, and the Drupal 6 to 8 migration path is nearing beta stability. Some gaps remain, such as for some internationalization data. The Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 migration is incomplete but is suitable for developers who would like to help improve the migration and can be used to test upgrades especially for simple Drupal 7 sites. Most high-priority migrations are available.
Drupal 8.5.2 – Moderation and workflows
The Workflows module is now also stable, however it only provides a framework for managing workflows and is not directly useful in itself. The experimental Content Moderation module allows workflows to be applied to content and is now at beta stability. Content moderation workflows can now apply to any entity types that support revisions, and numerous usability issues and critical bugs are resolved in this release.
Drupal 8.5.2 – Platform features for web services
Drupal 8.4 continues to expand Drupal’s support for web services that benefit decoupled sites and applications, including a 15% performance improvement for authenticated REST requests, expanded REST functionality, and developer-facing improvements.
Advantages of Drupal 8.5.2
- Open Source – In Drupal, core software, contributed modules, and a large number of themes are free, which help businesspersons reduce web development cost significantly.
- Customizable – In terms of features, operation, layout, and design, Drupal is highly customizable, which provides loads of choice to developers and designers for addressing clients’ requirements.
- SEO-Friendly – As SEO plays a vital role in any company’s online marketing strategies, Drupal enables companies to come forward with SEO-friendly websites. It has enormous flexibility to display content in a way that search engines like.
- Facilitates Rapid Deployment/Price – Drupal enables companies to deploy core features and functionality rapidly. As a true ‘Web 2.0’ style, developers can make customizations after deployment of a Drupal site. Companies can go for customizations as per feedback and business requirements after making their sites live on the web.
- Mobile-Ready – Increasing spread of smart devices opens the doors for new marketing platform for the companies. Smart devices’ users can also view the Drupal website the same as that of the desktop users. Small businesses can rely on this feature in order to generate more leads.
- Extensive API Support – Facebook, Twitter, Google Apps, Google Analytics, YouTube, etc. provide an extensive API support for Drupal. Developers can create own custom modules by using such well-documented API.
- Enterprise-Class Software – In terms of scalability, flexibility, reliability, manageability, security, interoperability, and availability of resources; Drupal is an enterprise-class CMS. Developers can readily integrate it with other applications like SAP, phpBB, etc.
Best Cloud Drupal 8.5.2 Hosting Recommendation
After reviewed over 30+ Linux hosting companies, we will give you our Drupal 8.5.2 hosting recommendation. We found ASPHostPortal is the best solution for Drupal 8.5.2 hosting.
Our review site is designed to be a trusted place for bloggers, individuals and web designers to find best web hosting solutions at an affordable price. We review each web host in our view points independently, and rate them based on their reliability, features, technical support level, prices and reputation in the industry.
Best Cloud Hosting for Drupal – ASPHostPortal
ASPHostPortal.com was launched in 2008. They are one of the best Linux Hosting in United States is ASPHostPortal.com. All of its Linux hosting services are 100% compatible with Drupal 8.5.2.
The price of ASPHostPortal.com Drupal 8.5.2 hosting packages is quite competitive, especially the Linux Intro which we may recommend most here. Going through this promotional link directly and you will get FREE DOMAIN or DOUBLE SQL SPACE, the Linux Intro hosting package is $2.50/mo.
This company offers money back guarantee if any of the clients fail to get the desired results. If the company does not work up to the expectations in a certain month, and the valid refund period is 30 days. In addition, the customer service is based on US and the representatives are working 24/7.