BestCloudHostingASP.NET | Best and affordable Drupal 8.6.3 hosting. The newest version of Drupal is 8.6.3. This is the first patch release of Drupal 8 and is ready for use on production sites. This release only contains bug fixes, as well as documentation and testing improvements.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is free, open source software that can be used by individuals or groups of users — even those lacking technical skills — to easily create and manage many types of Web sites. The application includes a content management platform and a development framework.
What is New in Drupal 8.6.3?
This is a minor version (feature release) of Drupal 8 and is ready for use on production sites.
This minor release provides new improvements and functionality without breaking backward compatibility (BC) for public APIs. There may be changes in internal APIs and experimental modules that require updates to contributed and custom modules and themes per Drupal core’s backwards compatibility and experimental module policies. Developers should review the Drupal 8.6.x change records for information on API additions and internal backwards compatibility breaks.
This is a patch release of Drupal 8 and is ready for use on production sites. Learn more about Drupal 8.
If you are upgrading to this release from 8.5.x, read the Drupal 8.6.0 release notes before upgrading to 8.6.3
Changes since 8.6.2:
- #2986735 by tim.plunkett: PHP 5 test fix
- #2995570 by lauriii, jrockowitz, drpal, aaronbauman: #states breaks when OR is used
- #2986735 by phenaproxima, Berdir, tim.plunkett, MegaChriz: Drupal\Core\Plugin\Context\Context needs DependencySerializationTrait
- #2970849 by quietone, phenaproxima: i18n Variable to config: user settings and user.mail
- #2989627 by maxocub, quietone, masipila, phenaproxima, Gábor Hojtsy: d7_node_entity_translation migration is in the wrong module and is missing some mappings
- #2970847 by quietone, phenaproxima: i18n Variable to config: system site settings [d7]
- #3001749 by quietone, Jo Fitzgerald, heddn, masipila, Gábor Hojtsy: Migrate D7 i18n custom blocks
- #2943899 by Sam152, amateescu, tstoeckler: Moderation state field cannot be updated via REST, because special handling in ModerationStateFieldItemList
- #2992817 by RoSk0, johndevman, phenaproxima, tim.plunkett, yanniboi, alexpott: Layout builder cron errors when no cleanup required
- #3004037 by jsacksick: ContentTranslationController::overview() should not construct URLs manually
- #2947291 by pounard, markus_petrux: Missing argument 5 for _drupal_error_handler()
- #3002941 by tim.plunkett, tedbow: New enabled View modes for bundle have duplicate fields in layout
- #3002604 by tstoeckler: Improve debuggability of update failures in UpdatePathTestBase
- #3001979 by alexpott: \Drupal\Core\Config\FileStorage::getAllCollectionNames() should work when the directory does not exist
- #2707879 by hctom, Sam152, grahl, reekris, casey, gngn, Noemi, dawehner, jherencia: Contextual Links do not respect pathPrefix
- #3004038 by jsacksick, tstoeckler: ContentTranslationRouteSubscriber should not construct its own URLs
- #3002279 by alexpott: Xdebug in InstallerTestBase
- #2896215 by tim.plunkett, borisson_, Anybody, tacituseu: Formatter settings lost when moving fields between regions in ‘Manage display’
- #2961114 by quietone, heddn, Gábor Hojtsy, maxocub, masipila: Migrate D6 i18n CCK field option translations
- #2938190 by smaz, markconroy, navneet0693, Gvert, John Cook, Adam_Moulsdale, sastha, Eli-T, Sutharsan, JayKandari, lauriii, xjm, larowlan: Create a favicon for Umami
- #3005129 by e0ipso: Add Gabriel Sullice as API-First Initiative coordinator
- #2970848 by quietone, maxocub: i18n Variable to config: site offline message [d7]
- #2938743 by Manuel Garcia: Document #pattern property for email, password, tel, textfield, and url form elements
- #3007371 by Lendude: System: Convert remaining Render functional tests to phpunit
- #3004968 by Lendude: Convert FieldApiDataTest to BrowserTestBase
- #3008109 by Lendude, andypost: Convert ResponsiveImageFieldDisplayTest to BrowserTestBase
- #2575105 by alexpott: hotfix for PHP 5 test failures in ShutdownFunctionsTest
- #2309731 by bendeguz.csirmaz, phenaproxima, alexpott: drupal_check_profile() does not invoke the profile’s hook_requirements()
- #2575105 by Berdir, catch, amateescu: Use cache collector for state (revert)
- #2990517 by tim.plunkett, alphex, xjm, phenaproxima, neclimdul: Adding a display mode to a content type using layout, and disabling layout on that new display mode removes the layout_builder__layout field and breaks layout in already configured display modes
- #2866722 by shabana.navas, kpv: Avoid using display mode machine name in AccountForm::form()
- #3005689 by foxtrotcharlie, joachim, alexpott: improve docs for _install_select_profile()
- #2985907 by pasan.gamage, acbramley, dawehner, alexpott, DYdave: Add entity type into error description
- #2975509 by quietone, masipila, gaydabura, jhodgdon, maxocub: Migrate D6 vocabulary language settings
- #2855026 by phenaproxima, trobey, HaiNguyen007, alexpott, Taran2L, -enzo-, Jo Fitzgerald, tucho, DamienMcKenna, andypost, tobiasb, dawehner, larowlan: Installation profiles do not support project:module format for dependencies
- #2913971 by jhedstrom, TrevorBradley, amateescu: Views regression: 8.4.x EntityField can’t handle a null row value from a non-required relationship
- #3004659 by volkswagenchick: Grammar error in Umami content file
- #2821077 by Wim Leers, dawehner, tedbow, amateescu, tstoeckler, alexpott: PATCHing entities validates the entire entity, also unmodified fields, so unmodified fields can throw validation errors
- #2998296 by Mile23: drupal-phpunit-upgrade should also update prophecy
- #2999691 by kevineinarsson, Wim Leers, TwoD: Update CKEditor library to 4.10.1
- #2981000 by maxocub, masipila: Migrate Drupal 7 comment entity translations data to Drupal 8
- #3001846 by wengerk, Krzysztof Domański, longwave, mondrake: Refactor KernelTests/Core/Common/SizeTest
- #3001029 by frob, Wim Leers: Improve the documentation of the @CKEditorPlugin plugin type annotation
- #2919332 by andypost, kyberman, borisson_, amateescu: Fix $reset parameter inside TermStorageSchema::getEntitySchema() parent call
- #3003669 by dawehner: yarn build:js-dev is broken due to wrong order of arguments
- #2998666 by quietone, heddn: Warnings after D7 upgrade caused by rdf migration
- #2875276 by huzooka, ion.macaria, cestmoi, catch: Breadcrumbs disappears when starting with front-page after cache rebuild (for anonymous user)
- #2980996 by maxocub, masipila, mradcliffe, Gábor Hojtsy: Migrate Drupal 7 taxonomy term entity translations data to Drupal 8
- #2959410 by quietone, Jo Fitzgerald, masipila, mikeryan: Migrate D6 i18n CCK fields label and description
- #2867757 by alexpott, Mile23, anavarre, David_Rothstein, cilefen, kylebrowning, xjm: Improve instructions for updating composer.json and /vendor
- #2981392 by masipila, maxocub: Comment migration corrupts data with multilingual sites
- #3002655 by alexpott, johnpicozzi, nathandentzau, larowlan: Optional profile configuration can be unexpectedly recreated after being deleted
- #3001164 by parijke, mcannon: To follow standards base.css should not be under component:
- #2722237 by webflo, dawehner, borisson_, drunken monkey, Wim Leers: “Local actions” block doesn’t take cache data of route access information into account
- #2794347 by nuez, Jo Fitzgerald, jmuzz, Lendude, boaloysius, klausi, jibran: Convert web tests to browser tests for field_ui module
- #2975388 by NickWilde, idebr: Replace Firefox @-moz-document url-prefix() css selector, since its support is being removed
- #3001851 by abramm, longwave: Incorrect documented CommentInterface::getCommentedEntity() return value
- #3001782 by volkswagenchick, Eli-T, parijke, Kristen Pol, longwave: Misspellings and capitalization error in Umami content files
- #2625554 by Xano, googletorp, longwave, borisson_, dawehner, tim.plunkett, alexpott, twistor: getInstance() fatals on almost all plugin managers
- #3002935 by Mile23, tim.plunkett, Berdir: Document that DeprecationListenerTrait::getSkippedDeprecations() should not be expanded for new deprecations
- #2998748 by MaddieC, lauriii, markconroy, kjay: Horizontal Scrolling when screensize hits 960px
- #2995078 by sugaroverflow, dead_arm: Add a title to the off-canvas dialog when opened by clicking “Add Block”
- #2686409 by mpdonadio, pjonckiere, claudiu.cristea, darrick, xSDx, bceyssens, tamasd, Ismail Cherri, joelpittet, dawehner, AdamPS, jhedstrom, JaceRider: Time Ago summary does not render on Manage Display for Timestamp and Datetime fields
- #2867042 by jgrunert, jhodgdon, rakesh.gectcr, dawehner, jazzdrive3, alexpott, Loparev: Running any tests which extended from BrowserTestBase getting permission denied
- #3000424 by acbramley, rikki_iki: OEmbed Media Source and related controller use LoggerChannelInterface in their constructors which is not compatible with the monolog module
- #3001893 by parijke, Eli-T: Remove non-existing article.css from the libraries.yml
- #2986193 by amateescu, sim_1, andrewmacpherson: Workspace toolbar item fails WCAG Use-of-color at narrow breakpoint
- #2974657 by leolando.tan, spitzialist, borisson_, neclimdul, alexpott: Improve FilterIdTest provider keys
- #3002011 by Mile23, Wim Leers, Berdir, gabesullice: Remove @trigger_error() for 8.6.x Drupal\field\Tests\EntityReference\EntityReferenceTestTrait deprecation
- #2704597 by Neograph734, Berdir, izus, alexpott, TR: Relative URLs in mails should be converted to absolute ones
- #3001573 by Lendude: System: Convert Condition tests to PHPUnit
- #2954825 by rakesh.gectcr, tresti88, gnuget, borisson_, DamienGR, Prashant.c, amietpatial, alexpott, joachim, Berdir: Update the user.api.php documentation and add the correct type hints in the user’s hooks implementations
- #2846379 by alexpott, esolitos, casey: Processing paths in LanguageNegotiationUserAdmin causes 404s while accessing private files
- #2992113 by alexpott, jibran, larowlan, catch: Update core dependencies before 8.6.2
- #2484693 by mjpa, dww, DuaelFr, vaplas, kyvour, benjy, JinX-Be, wengerk, thamas, FMB, ndf, jcnventura, catch: Telephone Link field formatter InvalidArgumentException with 5 digits or fewer in the number
- #2635712 by bendeguz.csirmaz, DeFr, redgluten, swentel, SylvainM, Wim Leers, SiliconMind, dbyers55, catapipper: Cannot use Quick Edit to delete an image
- #2996789 by Mile23, Lendude, longwave, dawehner: Deprecate Drupal\field\Tests\EntityReference\EntityReferenceTestTrait
- #2995405 by amateescu: Media entity needs its own entity reference selection handler
- #2918295 by quietone, heddn, Jo Fitzgerald, phenaproxima, maxocub: Move i18n query to a trait
- #2829185 by vaplas, Jo Fitzgerald, anmolgoyal74, chipway, gaurav.kapoor, mark_fullmer, amit.drupal, cilefen, longwave, xjm, wturrell, anavarre: Fix spelling errors in Drupal core comments
- #2995231 by hardik.p, msankhala, joachim, alexpott: outdated docs for testViewsGetHandler()
- #2999754 by ifrik: Update the Workspaces module description
- #2954776 by neclimdul, tim.plunkett, zenimagine, tedbow: Can not uninstall Field Layout while Layout Builder is installed
- #3000958 by virajrajankar, michaellenahan: Grammar error in FormState.php documentation comment for $rebuild
- #2999387 by iuana, tashaharrison80, fgm, mradcliffe: Types documented for method returns on ConfirmFormInterface are mostly wrong
- #2916589 by wengerk, Wim Leers: Extend the CKEditorIntegrationTest for DrupalImageCaption
- #2983970 by ApacheEx, Mile23, scuba_fly: Convert system functional tests to phpunit /Routing/DestinationTest.php
- #2994398 by tim.plunkett, phenaproxima, vmilic, Berdir, Wim Leers, tedbow, bradjones1: Not properly clearing EntityFieldManager’s fieldMap leads to fatals, often after migration or bundle creation
- #2998483 by longwave, iuana, tstoeckler, Eli-T: Remove config-editing parts from demo_umami_install() in favor of exported configuration
- #2860341 by heddn, juampynr, seanB, RumyanaRuseva, ephod, stephsem23: PrivateTempStore->getOwner Attempts to access possibly unset Request Session
- #3000059 by kiamlaluno: “the session” is repeated twice in the documentation comment
- #2887869 by navneet0693, ApacheEx, Lendude, Dinesh18, dawehner, naveenvalecha, borisson_: Convert web tests to browser tests for user module part-2
- #2986898 by kswamy, seanB, anmolgoyal74, tstoeckler: Can’t delete the translation of a media
- #2972442 by spitzialist, Mukeysh, imalabya, markconroy, cilefen, volkswagenchick, Eli-T, longwave, andrewmacpherson: Add README.txt to Umami theme
- #2999150 by mikelutz: MigrationLookup::skipOnEmpty docblock and typehint mismatch
- #2995578 by claudiu.cristea, jhedstrom, alexpott: [regression] Check first if views data exists in datetime_range module
- #2998565 by amateescu, Sam152, jeqq: Workspaces’ form alters break all AJAX interaction on entity forms
- #2876211 by Lendude, dawehner, michielnugter: Convert \Drupal\views\Tests\Plugin\StyleOpmlTest and \Drupal\views\Tests\Plugin\DisplayFeedTest to PHPUnit tests
- #2999012 by LOBsTerr: Action plugins have the wrong comments for contructors
- #2986539 by alexpott: \Drupal\user\Plugin\EntityReferenceSelection\UserSelection::entityQueryAlter() should escape the fake condition column on replacement
- #2956949 by volkerk, mic79, robindh, lauriii, Gvert, Eli-T, markconroy: Umami styles leaking to Settings Tray
- #2999014 by rajeevgole, kjay, Eli-T, casaran, dimitri1972: Replace the link in the body field on Umami’s About page
- #2991563 by captainpants, MaddieC, Eli-T, pazhyn, volkswagenchick: Add description to Umami Recipe Category vocabulary
- #2974654 by jarodriguez, Vj, quietone: Migrate upgrade shows errors in green
- #2809553 by Lendude: Convert AJAX part of \Drupal\views_ui\Tests\RowUITest to BrowserTestBase
- Revert “Issue #2975957 by Sam152, amateescu: Convert the Workspace entity to use EntityOwnerTrait”
- #2996030 by Lendude, Mile23: Convert web tests to browser tests for node module – round 2
- #2975957 by Sam152, amateescu: Convert the Workspace entity to use EntityOwnerTrait
- #2993330 by msankhala, joachim: invokeHook() missing mention of ‘create’ op
- #2984185 by scuba_fly, Lendude: Convert system functional tests to phpunit for page and pager
- #2990535 by Lendude: Convert remaining WebTestBase tests in the Statistics module
- #2990531 by Lendude: Convert remaining WebTestBase tests in the Link module
- #2994976 by martin107, MaddieC, markconroy: Search icon: Remove A11y issue on landing page
- #2991473 by markconroy, rahulrasgon, Vidushi Mehta, JayKandari, Eli-T, NickWilde: Remove the field_author from Umami recipe content type
- #2970801 by tedbow, tim.plunkett, likin, sugaroverflow: If you add block then try to Revert the layout it doesn’t revert
- #2998215 by tim.plunkett, Ronak.addweb, bkosborne: PHP notices/warnings when managing display for non-default view mode when LB is enabled w/ overrides
- #2998802 by Quentin Massez, Berdir: menu_ui_form_node_form_alter() loads all menus
- #2938951 by tstoeckler, amateescu, alexpott: The primary key is not correctly re-created when updating the storage definition of an identifier field
- #2142107 by drunken monkey, gilsbert, David_Rothstein, mondrake, Kristi Wachter: Complex cloned query dependent on __toString() call
- #2558645 by almaudoh, Vidushi Mehta, alexpott: Malformed module.info.yml prevents install with a confusing error
- #2960486 by tanc, johnny_aroza, phaedrus, Mukeysh, thehuffman, cferthorney, kjay, rachel_norfolk, mjoneill, John Cook, Eli-T, borisson_, dmacgrue, esod, steveparks, xjm: Add an article to Umami – Oatmeal
- #2991573 by Laura Johnson, imalabya, Eli-T, joachim, msankhala: Improve help text for field_tags in Umami
- #2926122 by Adameue, zaporylie, BartoszUrbaniak, borisson_, idebr: Use lower-case, PEAR style, primitive data types
- #2887134 by Mile23, nlisgo, Lendude, naveenvalecha: Convert web tests to browser tests for taxonomy module Part -2
- #2997982 by longwave, plach, johns996: Orphan term hierarchy records can cause taxonomy_update_8502 to enter an infinite loop
- #2986560 by kaythay, catch, mpdonadio: UnroutedUrlAssembler sorts Query params in buildExternalUrl()
- #2809543 by Lendude, Tessa Bakker: Convert AJAX part of \Drupal\user\Tests\UserPasswordResetTest to WebDriverTestBase
- Revert “Issue #2887134 by Mile23, nlisgo, naveenvalecha, Lendude: Convert web tests to browser tests for taxonomy module Part -2”
- #2887134 by Mile23, nlisgo, naveenvalecha, Lendude: Convert web tests to browser tests for taxonomy module Part -2
- #2912399 by wengerk, tedbow, Wim Leers: Extend the CKEditorIntegrationTest for DrupalImage
- #2912363 by tim.plunkett, pwolanin: LocalTaskDefault/LocalActionDefault ignore parameters when raw parameters are not present
- #2905109 by iainp999, gawaksh, msankhala, joachim, borisson_, alexpott: DrupalKernel::guessApplicationRoot() should document what the assumptions are and what it’s doing
- #2848529 by ApacheEx, dagmar, dawehner: Move DbLogTest::verifyCron to a kernel test
- #2907546 by johndevman, Falco010: User’s language preference is not applied!
- #2996313 by th_tushar: Remove mortendk from MAINTAINERS.txt
Drupal 8.6.3 Features
Drupal 8.6.3 – Inline Form Errors
Build interactions using 4 web services modules in core: RESTful web services, Serialization, Hypertext Application Language (HAL), and HTTP Basic Authentication. Make Drupal the backbone for the unique series of external applications your project needs. Patch records in a CRM or marketing automation tool. Post to social platforms and send email campaigns from a Drupal site. Get granular control over which resources are available and how they’re accessed.
Drupal 8.6.3 – Datetime Range
The Datetime Range module provides a field type that allows end dates to support contributed modules like Calendar. This stable release is backwards-compatible with the Drupal 8.3.x experimental version and shares a consistent API with other Datetime fields. Future releases may improve Views support, usability, Datetime Range field validation, and REST support.
Drupal 8.6.3 – Layout Discovery API
The Layout Discovery module provides an API for modules or themes to register layouts as well as five common layouts. Providing this API in core enables core and contributed layout solutions like Panels and Display Suite to be compatible with each other. This stable release is backwards-compatible with the 8.3.x experimental version and introduces support for per-region attributes.
Drupal 8.6.3 – Media API
The new core Media module provides an API for reusable media entities and references. It is based on the contributed Media Entity module.
Since there is a rich ecosystem of Drupal contributed modules built on Media Entity, the top priority for this release is to provide a stable core API and data model for a smoother transition for these modules. Developers and expert site builders can now add Media as a dependency. Work is underway to provide an update path for existing sites’ Media Entity data and to port existing contributed modules to the refined core API.
Note that the core Media module is currently marked hidden and will not appear on the ‘Extend’ (module administration) page. (Enabling a contributed module that depends on the core Media module will also enable Media automatically.) The module will be displayed to site builders normally once once related user experience issues are resolved in a future release.
Similarly, the REST API and normalizations for Media are not final and support for decoupled applications will be improved in a future release.
Drupal 8.6.3 – Content authoring and site administration experience improvements
The “Save and keep (un)published” dropbutton has been replaced with a “Published” checkbox and single “Save” button. The “Save and…” dropbutton was a new design in Drupal 8, but users found it confusing, so we have restored a design that is more similar to the user interface for Drupal 7 and earlier.
Both the “Comments” administration page at `/admin/content/comment` and the “Recent log messages” report provided by dblog are now configurable views. This allows site builders to easily customize, replace or clone these screens.
Drupal 8.6.3 – Updated migrations
This release adds date and node reference support for Drupal 6 to Drupal 8 migrations. Core provides migrations for most Drupal 6 data and can be used for migrating Drupal 6 sites to Drupal 8, and the Drupal 6 to 8 migration path is nearing beta stability. Some gaps remain, such as for some internationalization data. The Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 migration is incomplete but is suitable for developers who would like to help improve the migration and can be used to test upgrades especially for simple Drupal 7 sites. Most high-priority migrations are available.
Drupal 8.6.3 – Moderation and workflows
The Workflows module is now also stable, however it only provides a framework for managing workflows and is not directly useful in itself. The experimental Content Moderation module allows workflows to be applied to content and is now at beta stability. Content moderation workflows can now apply to any entity types that support revisions, and numerous usability issues and critical bugs are resolved in this release.
Drupal 8.6.3 – Platform features for web services
Drupal 8.4 continues to expand Drupal’s support for web services that benefit decoupled sites and applications, including a 15% performance improvement for authenticated REST requests, expanded REST functionality, and developer-facing improvements.
Advantages of Drupal 8.6.3
- Open Source – In Drupal, core software, contributed modules, and a large number of themes are free, which help businesspersons reduce web development cost significantly.
- Customizable – In terms of features, operation, layout, and design, Drupal is highly customizable, which provides loads of choice to developers and designers for addressing clients’ requirements.
- SEO-Friendly – As SEO plays a vital role in any company’s online marketing strategies, Drupal enables companies to come forward with SEO-friendly websites. It has enormous flexibility to display content in a way that search engines like.
- Facilitates Rapid Deployment/Price – Drupal enables companies to deploy core features and functionality rapidly. As a true ‘Web 2.0’ style, developers can make customizations after deployment of a Drupal site. Companies can go for customizations as per feedback and business requirements after making their sites live on the web.
- Mobile-Ready – Increasing spread of smart devices opens the doors for new marketing platform for the companies. Smart devices’ users can also view the Drupal website the same as that of the desktop users. Small businesses can rely on this feature in order to generate more leads.
- Extensive API Support – Facebook, Twitter, Google Apps, Google Analytics, YouTube, etc. provide an extensive API support for Drupal. Developers can create own custom modules by using such well-documented API.
- Enterprise-Class Software – In terms of scalability, flexibility, reliability, manageability, security, interoperability, and availability of resources; Drupal is an enterprise-class CMS. Developers can readily integrate it with other applications like SAP, phpBB, etc.
Best Cloud Drupal 8.6.3 Hosting Recommendation
After reviewed over 30+ Linux hosting companies, we will give you our Drupal 8.6.3 hosting recommendation. We found ASPHostPortal is the best solution for Drupal 8.6.3 hosting.
Our review site is designed to be a trusted place for bloggers, individuals and web designers to find best web hosting solutions at an affordable price. We review each web host in our view points independently, and rate them based on their reliability, features, technical support level, prices and reputation in the industry.
Best Cloud Hosting for Drupal – ASPHostPortal
ASPHostPortal.com was launched in 2008. They are one of the best Linux Hosting in United States is ASPHostPortal.com. All of its Linux hosting services are 100% compatible with Drupal 8.6.3.
The price of ASPHostPortal.com Drupal 8.6.3 hosting packages is quite competitive, especially the Linux Intro which we may recommend most here. Going through this promotional link directly and you will get FREE DOMAIN or DOUBLE SQL SPACE, the Linux Intro hosting package is $2.50/mo.
This company offers money back guarantee if any of the clients fail to get the desired results. If the company does not work up to the expectations in a certain month, and the valid refund period is 30 days. In addition, the customer service is based on US and the representatives are working 24/7.