What is Magento?Magento is an ecommerce platform constructed on open source technologies which provides on-line merchants having a flexible shopping cart program, also as control more than the appear, content and functionality of their on the internet retailer. Magento gives potent marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools. Magento is amongst the very best ecommerce platforms available these days, with editions ranging from neighborhood open source, to huge, large-scale enterprise SaaS primarily based systems.Magento 2.3.2 is a next generation platform with an unmatched flexibility and innovation opportunities. Magento 2 is more extensive and efficient APIs, responsive design reference themes and over 50% faster page load times across many catalog and checkout pages (among many other updates!).
What’s New in Magento 2.3.2
We are pleased to present Magento Open Source 2.3.2. This release includes over 200 functional fixes to the core product, over 350 pull requests contributed by the community, and over 75 security enhancements. It includes significant contributions from our community members.
Look for the following highlights in this release:
Substantial security enhancements
This release is focused on substantial security enhancements:
- 75 security enhancements that help close cross-site scripting (XSS), remote code execution (RCE), and sensitive data disclosure vulnerabilities as well as other security issues. No confirmed attacks related to these issues have occurred to date. However, certain vulnerabilities can potentially be exploited to access customer information or take over administrator sessions.
- Google reCAPTCHA module for PayPal Payflow checkout. The new PaypalRecaptcha module adds Google reCAPTCHA and CAPTCHA to the Payflow Pro checkout form. This enhanced functionality has been added in response to malicious targeting of Magento deployments that implement Payflow Pro. Configuration information can be found in Google reCAPTCHA.
- Significant improvement to storefront page response time. The page response times for the catalog, search, and advanced search pages have been significantly improved under high load.
- Improved concurrent access to block cache storage. We have optimized the logic of concurrent access to the block cache, which has improved the response of storefront pages under high load by approximately 20%.
- Product page gallery load optimization. Product images are now loaded as quickly as other page content. In previous releases, although the product page loaded quickly, product images needed two to four additional seconds to load completely.
This release contains 130 enhancements to core quality, which improve the quality of the Framework and these modules:
Checkout/One Page Checkout,
UI. Here are some additional core enhancements:
- Braintree payment method is now supported for checkout with multiple addresses. Previously, you could not use Braintree and Braintree PayPal when checking out an order that was being shipped to multiple addresses.
- The CGI URL gateway in UPS module has been updated from HTTP to HTTPS. The CGI URL gateway endpoint in the UPS module has been updated from HTTP to HTTPS in response to the disablement of the HTTP gateway by UPS in mid-2019.
- Google chart API updated to the Image-Charts. Magento now uses the Image-Charts free service to render static charts in Admin dashboards.
Merchant tool enhancements
Magento now performs the following tasks as asynchronous background processes and sends system messages to alert Admin users when tasks complete. Moving these common administrative tasks to the background frees administrators to work on other tasks while the initial tasks are processing.
- Discount coupon generation.
- Mass editing of products.
- Data export. Previously, connection timeouts occurred during export of large data sets (for example, the export of 200,000 products).
Inventory Management enhancements
- New commands allow merchants to check for reservation inconsistencies and resolve any that occur.
- Improved user interface for assigning sources to products. This redesigned interface includes:
- Support for decimal order quantity
- New test scenarios created to cover Credit Memo use cases
- New InventoryGraphQl module provides attributes that return correct information about product quantities
- Single product save (using asynchronous synchronization with legacy catalog inventory)
- Multiple product save
- Bulk inventory transfer
- New endpoint for Bulk Partial Stock Transfer to bulk transfer a custom product quantity between sources.
- Fixes to multiple bugs.
Graph enhancements include:
- Improvements to GraphQL coverage. Improved coverage for cart and checkout operations include mutations that provide support for the following actions:
- Support for simple and virtual products
- Add, update, and delete cart items
- Set shipping addresses (with address book support)
- Set the billing address (with address book support)
- Set shipping methods
- Set the payment method (offline methods only)
- Place an order
- GraphQL caching. GraphQL can now cache the
urlResolverqueries, which improves response times. To enable this feature, send these queries using HTTP GET. You can send all other queries with HTTP GET, but they are not cached.
- GraphQL performance test scenario coverage. We have added PWA GraphQL test scenarios for critical checkout and catalog browsing to the performance builds. GraphQL community developers can use the new scenarios to measure storefront performance.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Improved modular component library. PWA Studio continues to build out the concept for functional and data components through the Peregrine library. Components can now be reused and scaled for frontend needs. Magento has planned a phased rollout for Peregrine functional and data components, starting with the Search component which is launching with this release.
Vendor-developed extension enhancements
This release of Magento includes extensions developed by third-party vendors.
Amazon Pay is now compliant with the PSD2 directive for UK and Germany.