BestCloudHostingASP.NET | Best and affordable Magento 2.4.6 hosting. Magento offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools. The latest version of Magento is 2.4.6. Magento 2.4.6, the next generation open source digital commerce platform is now available for download! Get your access to the new code by visiting the Community Edition page for the free download.
What is Magento?
Magento is an ecommerce platform constructed on open source technologies which provides on-line merchants having a flexible shopping cart program, also as control more than the appear, content and functionality of their on the internet retailer. Magento gives potent marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools. Magento is amongst the very best ecommerce platforms available these days, with editions ranging from neighborhood open source, to huge, large-scale enterprise SaaS primarily based systems.
What’s New in Magento 2.4.6?
Magento 2.4.6, the latest version of the ecommerce platform, brings a range of new features and performance improvements that are sure to excite both shop owners and developers alike.
Notably, this release introduces PHP 8.2 while removing PHP 7.4 and includes over 300 quality fixes and enhancements. However, what sets this release apart is the introduction of the Magento Community Prioritization Process, which was launched in October 2022.
This new initiative enables developers to participate in core code development by casting public votes on tickets and issues, ultimately determining what updates will be included in future releases.
Magento 2.4.6 Release Notes Highlights
Magento 2.4.6, officially released on March 14, 2023, brings a range of benefits for shop owners and developers, including enhanced security, improved performance, and significant bug fixes. With every upgrade, Magento delivers new features and functionality, along with essential security enhancements. The latest release of Magento, version 2.4.6, offers a wide range of exciting new features and improvements.
Let’s explore some of the key highlights of this release and discuss how they can benefit your online store.
1. Security Enhancements
Adobe is dedicated to enhancing the security of the Magento platform, and the latest release, Magento 2.4.6, includes various improvements to accomplish this. Some notable updates in this release include:
- Eight security fixes & platform security improvements.
- Filled the gaps in Admin action logs with more specific auditing of admin actions.
- Fixed issue regarding reCAPTCHA validation failure at unexpected error during payment processing.
- A new setting system configuration (disabled by default) was added to require email confirmation when an admin user changes their email. When enabled, the application will request email confirmation every time the admin user changes their email address.
2. Platform Enhancements
Magento 2.4.6 has made several enhancements to improve the overall user experience.
- The platform now supports PHP 8.2, with PHP 8.1 continuing to work, but support for PHP 7.4 has been removed.
- Additionally, Composer 2.2.x and ElasticSearch 8.x are now supported, and Redis 7.0.x is supported while Redis 6.2 remains compatible until April 2024.
- OpenSearch has become the default search engine for Adobe Commerce, and it is also supported as an independent search engine for Magento Open Source.
- While support for MariaDB (LTS version) remains, upgrading to MariaDB 10.6 is recommended.
3. Performance and Scalability Enhancements
This release has a major focus on improving speed and performance. The enhancements to the platform improve ease of use, particularly for Merchants. With these improvements, Merchants can now perform bulk operations in just minutes, saving them valuable time and effort.
In regards to performance enhancements, the Magento 2.4.6 update supports:
- Category Children Tree Processing: The release includes improvements to the category processing system, specifically for nested children trees. That means, Merchants can now efficiently process categories with nested children trees, resulting in significant performance improvements. The system has been refactored to enhance loading response time, making it faster and more efficient. As a result, more than 1500 categories can now be easily searched, streamlining operations for merchants.
- Bulk Cart Operation Response Time: Bulk cart operations have also been sped up due to the optimization of query response times. That means more than 500 simple or configurable products can be added to the shopping cart.
If we talk about scalability enhancements, Magento 2.4.6 can help store owners:
- Limit Number of Products: The new setting can limit the number of products displayed in the product grid. The limit is set to 20,000 by default, and this limit only affects product collection with UI components.
- Enhance Order Processing: Magento Open Source/Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 can now handle and process 1000 simultaneous orders in a minute, i.e., 15 orders in a second, due to custom database load balancing configuration.
- Improve Product Import Performance: There is a new endpoint in REST /rest/import/csv that can now Increase import performance up to 100,000 records per minute.
4. Accessibility Updates
Magento 2.4.6 release has prioritized the development of an improved retail experience on Venia (PWA) that is more accessible, functional, understandable, and resilient. The release includes significant enhancements, some of which are worth mentioning:
- The Sign in button’s visible label now corresponds to its accessible name for improved accessibility.
- Buttons on the storefront now have more descriptive and memorable names to enhance usability.
- Search filters on the shop now have verbal descriptive captions for Has Video checkboxes to enhance accessibility.
- The storefront’s page functionalities are now fully accessible to users who rely solely on a keyboard for navigation.
5. GraphQL Performance Enhancements
In the latest release of Magento, Adobe has implemented several enhancements aimed at improving the performance of Magento 2 GraphQL. Some notable enhancements include:
- Response times have improved when querying products in categories for which category permissions are enabled and that contain many customer groups or shared catalogs.
- GraphQL resolver operation has been optimized.
- Product permissions are now optimized to be applied to product collections instead on a per-product basis improving performance.
- New mutations have been added named as deleteCustomer.
- Improved Category tree rendering performance response time in GraphQL, specifically when querying categories with category permissions enabled.
- Improved response time of the bulk cart operations through GraphQL.
- The loading of category children by refactoring code has been improved by removing unnecessary method calls, improving category tree caching, and recursively loading category data through GraphQL.
6. Braintree Payment Features Upgrade
The Adobe Commerce/Magento 2.4.6 release includes a variety of enhancements to the Braintree payment system, some of which are highlighted below:
This release of Magento 2 includes improvements in the Braintree Payment system, such as:
- The Pay Later buttons and banners have been enabled for Italy and Spain.
- LPM (Local Payment Methods) webhook has been added.
- Added Fraud Protection and ACH webhooks.
- The PayLater messaging has been activated for the PayPal Vault.
7. PWA Studio and Page Builder
- Page Builder v.1.7.3 is now compatible with Magento Open Source 2.4.6.
- PWA Studio v.13.0.x is now compatible with Magento Open Source 2.4.6.
Magento 2.4.6 fixed issues
Adobe Commerce (Magento) version 2.4.6 comprises approximately 300 upgrades and refinements that enhance platform quality, improve GraphQL caching performance, increase accessibility, refine payment methods, and bolster modules integrated with Google.
Some key fixed issues are:
- The problems related to Magento installation, upgrade, and deployment have been addressed, leading to a boost in performance.
- Bulk products are now updated via API and filtered in the grid without throwing errors.
- Button workflow in Checkout and Review order process is easily accessible with keyboard inputs.
- Now, no Full-page cache is flushed unless the ordered product is out of stock.
- Data is now cached successfully when the L2 cache is configured.
- Improved Display Out of Stock Products functionality on the storefront inventory as expected when the option is enabled.
- Allows Admins to add as many simple products to a configurable product also with a salable quantity of 0 to their shopping cart.
- Shoppers can add as many simple products to an existing configurable product. Previously, Magento open source displayed the error: “Something go went wrong with default view.”
- After an order is created from the Admin, Adobe Commerce no longer sends duplicate emails to the customer.
- Merchants can now specify a custom external SMTP provider.
- Customers who exceed the maximum number of login failed attempts can now login after a password reset.
- Shipping rates for FedEx, USPS, and UPS are calculated correctly when the Free Shipping Cart rule is set to match only a subset of items in the cart.
Why You Should Use Magento for Your E-Commerce Platform?
It’s Open Source
This means developers can modify the source code and add features and functionality by installing and /or creating add-ons and plug-ins
You can scale Magento into whatever you need it to be. Whether you’re a small or large online business, Magento adapts to your requirements because it is so flexible.
It’s Easy to Manage
Magento can help you manage multiple stores from one admin panel, saving you a lot of time and effort when managing your online sales. It also has multi-language and currency features, as well as international support, shipping and order management.
The Magento layout provides easy site navigation as well as zoom-in capability and product reviews. Products in your store can be easily displaced, giving your customers a great buying experience.
Magento Supports Mobile Commerce
Within the next few years, mobile is expected to account for the majority of purchases online. So, if you are not currently mobile-ready and are thinking of switching to a new platform, both the Magento Community and Enterprise editions offer mobile shopping experiences across multiple web browsers and devices.
Search Engine Optimisation
Gaining traffic through search engines is one of the most effective ways to gain a return on your investment. Magento assists SEO by allowing you to create URLs, tags and descriptions with relevant keywords. Not only does Magento help to drive inbound traffic, it also has powerful tools to boost conversion optimisation and average order value, such as Up-sells and Cross-sells.
Security and Payment Options
Implementing SSL security and a dedicated IP is easily done through Magento, ensuring your customers feel safe when buying online. The platform also allows you to use multiple payment options, which leads us to our next point…
Integration with Third Party Services
Magento allows you to easily integrate any 3rd party extensions, applications and additional plug-ins to optimise your e-commerce store, such as payment gateways, marketing automation, shipping providers and tag management tools.
Analytics and Reporting
With Magento, you can easily integrate tools such as Google Analytics, Google Base and Google Checkout, helping you keep track of your customers online and market to them effectively.
Finally, Magento has a huge, global community of developers who share tips, discuss updates and help one another to solve technical support issues through forums and events.
Best Cloud Magento 2.4.6 Hosting Recommendation
After reviewed over 30+ Linux hosting companies, we will give you our Magento 2.4.6 hosting recommendation. We found ASPHostPortal is the best solution for Magento 2.4.6 hosting.
Our review site is designed to be a trusted place for bloggers, individuals and web designers to find best web hosting solutions at an affordable price. We review each web host in our view points independently, and rate them based on their reliability, features, technical support level, prices and reputation in the industry.
Best Cloud Hosting for Magento – ASPHostPortal
ASPHostPortal.com was launched in 2008. They are one of the best Linux Hosting in United States is ASPHostPortal.com. All of its Linux hosting services are 100% compatible with Magento 2.4.6.
The price of ASPHostPortal.com Magento 2.4.6 hosting packages is quite competitive, especially the Linux Intro which we may recommend most here. Going through this promotional link directly and you will get FREE DOMAIN or DOUBLE SQL SPACE, the Linux Intro hosting package is $2.50/mo.
This company offers money back guarantee if any of the clients fail to get the desired results. If the company does not work up to the expectations in a certain month, and the valid refund period is 30 days. In addition, the customer service is based on US and the representatives are working 24/7.