BestCloudHostingASP.NET | Best and affordable phpBB 3.1.10 hosting. phpBB is a free flat-forum bulletin board software solution that can be used to stay in touch with a group of people or can power your entire website. With an extensive database of user-created modifications and styles database containing hundreds of style and image packages to customise your board, you can create a very unique forum in minutes.
What is phpBB 3.1.10?
Millions of people use phpBB on a daily basis, making it the most widely used opensource bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in. Newer users will appreciate phpBB’s extensive administration panel, which allows the customization of even the most intricate features without having to edit code directly, while advanced users will value the ease with which phpBB can be integrated into existing systems.
The latest version of phpBB is 3.1.10. This update package supplies the automatic updater, which is capable of updating modified installations. This is the package that most users should download to update their forums.
What Is New In phpBB 3.1.10?
This version is a maintenance & security release of the 3.1.x branch which fixes one trivial security issue and various smaller bugs. The security issue only affects users using no longer supported versions of browsers as well as improperly setup webservers (thanks to Lukas Reschke of Nextcloud for reporting this).
The bugfixes address the Q&A captcha logging errors when it was solved, fatal errors when upgrading from 3.0.x in certain cases, and database transactions not being rolled back with incorrect notification settings. Other changes include an improved migrator and hardened form checking in the Admin Control Panel.
It also adds support for UI tests in extensions and now checks the version constant against the config version to notify users of incomplete updates.
- Check phpBB version constant against config version – Display a warning in the ACP if the version constant (files) does not match the phpbb_config version
- Support extensions in UI tests – UI tests now also support installing extensions and testing their behavior
- Improved migrator – The migrator will now properly prevent timeouts and infinite loops. It will no longer unexpectedly try to revert update_data() implementations using “if”
- Dropped support for MySQL versions improperly implementing FULLTEXT support – Some MySQL versions used improper implementations of FULLTEXT support. Versions with correct support are now required
- Users removed from newly registered group when limit set to 0 posts – Users will now be able to exit the newly registered users group when the limit is set to according to the setting’s definition in the ACP.
- Further hardened checking links and form submissions – Added link hashes and form keys to all forms in the ACP that were still relying on global ACP form protections.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Prevent MySQL error when looking at your posts – Wrong column was selected in certain cases.
- Q&A CAPTCHA no longer logs error when solved – A change in 3.1.9 caused the CAPTCHA to log an error even though it was solved.
- Min/max form values no longer preventing update of avatar settings – The newly introduced form validation on the html side will no longer report invalid min/max settings when updating avatar settings.
- Fixed fatal error when upgrading from 3.0.x – Fixed error when upgrading from version with softdelete MOD installed.
- Limit prunes per cron for large forums – Prunes on large forums were not limited. This could cause the prune query to fail at an unspecified point in time and leave topics unpruned.
- Rollback transactions in notifications manager – Fixed issues with not rolled back transactions when using non-existent notification types
Features of phpBB 3.1.10
If you’ve ever participated in an online forum chances are the software powering the website you visited was phpBB. Short for PHP Bulletin Board, phpBB is hands down the most popular solution for hosing interactive communities on the web. Developers and website owners choose phpBB because it is easy to install, lightweight, and best of all free & open source. A top feature of phpBB is its unique MOD system by which users can download modifications to their existing installation of phpBB in order to extend functionality or change its look and feel.
Advantages of phpBB
When compared with other forum software on the market phpBB has clear advantages. The number one advantage is the size of the user base and number of websites using phpBB. With hundreds of thousands of websites using phpBB you can rest assured that the software is stable and solid – after all, if it wasn’t so stable the masses of websites currently using it would simply jump to another open source solution. Because phpBB is more often than not a single component within a larger website the free styles and themes offered by the phpBB community make it easy for you to integrate into an existing website. Currently there are over 163 free to download styles which can all be further customized based on color scheme to fit the existing look of your website down to the last detail. If you are planning on reaching out to a global audience phpBB currently offers 47 language packs with support for most major languages on the web. This also includes support for complicated languages with different character sets such as Arabic and Japanese.
Best Cloud phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting Recommendation
After reviewed over 30+ Windows hosting companies. In shared hosting, we found ASPHostPortal is the best solution for phpBB 3.1.10.
Our review site is designed to be a trusted place for bloggers, individuals and web designers to find best web hosting solutions at an affordable price. We review each web host in our view points independently, and rate them based on their reliability, features, technical support level, prices and reputation in the industry.
Best Cloud Hosting for phpBB 3.1.10 – ASPHostPortal
ASPHostPortal.com was launched in 2008. They are one of the best Windows Hosting in United States is ASPHostPortal.com. This company currently supports Windows Server 2012 hosting with ASP.NET 4.5 / 4.5.1 / 4.5.2, MVC 5.1 / 5.1.1 / 5.1.2, Visual Studio 2012, WebSockets, IIS 8.5 and support the latest Microsoft technology. All of its Windows hosting services are 100% compatible with phpBB 3.1.10.
The price of ASPHostPortal.com phpBB 3.1.10 hosting packages is quite competitive, especially the Host One which we may recommend most here. Going through this promotional link directly and you will get FREE DOMAIN or DOUBLE SQL SPACE, the Host One Windows hosting package is $5.00/mo.
This company offers money back guarantee if any of the clients fail to get the desired results. If the company does not work up to the expectations in a certain month, and the valid refund period is 30 days. In addition, the customer service is based on US and the representatives are working 24/7.