BestCloudHostingASP.NET | Best and Affordable MediaWiki 1.28.1 hosting recommendation. MediaWiki is a free and open-source wiki application. It was originally developed by the Wikimedia Foundation and runs on many websites, including Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Wikimedia Commons.
When a user submits an edit to a page, MediaWiki writes it to the database, but without deleting the previous versions of the page, thus allowing easy reverts in case of vandalism or spamming. MediaWiki can manage image and multimedia files, too, which are stored in the filesystem. For large wikis with lots of users, MediaWiki supports caching and can be easily coupled with Squid proxy server software.
MediaWiki 1.28 is the latest release of MediaWiki. Consult the RELEASE-NOTES file for the full list of changes. It was deployed on Wikimedia Foundation wikis through incremental “wmf”-branches starting May 10, 2016. The 1.28.0 stable release was released on November 28, 2016. Download the latest snapshot or checkout the
REL1_28 branch in Git to follow this release.
Improved HTML file caching
The HTML file caching feature (controlled by
) now supports caching ?action=history views (gerrit:310697). In addition, the emergency fallback of showing cached pages if the database is down was fixed and now works properly.
Upgrade notices for MediaWiki administrators
- Magic links are now disabled by default. They can be enabled by changing the value of
. It has been proposed to remove magic link functionality from MediaWiki in a future release, if you depend upon or use them it is requested that you comment at Requests for comment/Future of magic links.
- BREAKING CHANGE:
is now *required* for all external requests made by MediaWiki via a proxy. Relying on the http_proxy environment variable is no longer supported.
- The load.php entry point now enforces the existing policy of not allowing access to session data, which includes the session user and the session user’s language. If such access is attempted, an exception will be thrown.
now defaults to `[ ‘local’ ]`, where `’local’` signifies local uploads. A value of `` (empty array) now means that no upload targets are allowed, effectively disabling the upload dialog.
is true, MediaWiki will periodically send basic information about the local MediaWiki installation to EventLogging on www.mediawiki.org. This data includes, for example, the type of system, PHP version, and chosen database backend. This behavior is off by default.
is true, MediaWiki will label the button to store-to-database-and-show-to-others as “Publish page”/”Publish changes”; if false, the default, they will be “Save page”/”Save changes”.
- The ‘
editcontentmodel‘ permission is now granted to all logged-in users (‘
user‘). instead of just administrators (‘
sysop‘). Documentation for this feature is available at Help:ChangeContentModel.
is now set to one week by default instead of being disabled.
- Magic links are now disabled by default, and can be re-enabled by modifying the value of
. Their usage is discouraged, but if they are manually enabled, a tracking category will be added to help identify usage and make it easier to migrate away from. If you depend upon magic link functionality, it is requested that you comment on Requests for comment/Future of magic links and explain your use case(s).
- New config variable
to control what URLs to ignore in upcoming Content-SECURITY-Policy feature’s reporting.
method for checking if an account is a bot role account.
- Added a new ‘
slideshow‘ mode for galleries.
- Added a new hook, ‘UserIsBot’, to aid in determining if a user is a bot.
- (task T141604) Extensions can now provide a better error message when their maintenance scripts are run without the extension being installed.
- (task T8948) Numeric sorting in categories is now supported by setting
uca-default-u-kn‘ or ‘
uca-<langcode>-u-kn‘. If you can’t use UCA collations, a ‘numeric’ collation is also available. If migrating from another collation, you will need to run the updateCollation.php maintenance script.
- Two new codes have been added to #time parser function: “xit” for days in current month, and “xiz” for days passed in the year, both in Iranian calendar.
mw.Apihas a new option,
useUS, to use
U+001F(Unit Separator) when appropriate for sending multi-valued parameters. This defaults to true when the
mw.Apiinstance seems to be for the local wiki.
- After a client performs an action which alters a database that has replica databases, MediaWiki will wait for the replica databases to synchronize with the master database while it renders the HTML output. However, if the output is a redirect to another wiki on the wiki farm with a different domain, MediaWiki will instead alter the redirect URL to include a ?cpPosTime parameter that triggers the database synchronization when the URL is followed by the client. The same-domain case uses a new cpPosTime cookie.
- Added new hooks, ‘ApiQueryBaseBeforeQuery’, ‘ApiQueryBaseAfterQuery’, and ‘ApiQueryBaseProcessRow’, to make it easier for extensions to add ‘prop’ and ‘show’ parameters to existing API query modules.
To choose the best and affordable MediaWiki hosting for your websites, we recommend you going with the following best Windows hosting which have been tested and proven by our Microsoft professionals.
SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014
SQL Server / db
HostForLIFEASP.NET offers a variety of best and affordable European Windows ASP.NET Shared Hosting Plans to fit any need. No matter whether you’re starting a Blog with WordPress, installing a CMS solution with Drupal, Moodle opening a Forum with MediaWiki, starting an Online Store with nopCommerce, or any number ventures beyond those mentioned above, their Windows ASP.NET Web Hosting plans are exactly what you’ve been looking for.
HostForLIFEASP.NET provides you with unlimited disk space for your website hosting needs. The way they can give you generous amounts of disk space is easily explained. The average cost of hard drives, keep getting lower and lower. So, in turn, tehy want to pass these saving along to you. This way they are sure you have enough storage space for your website files.
DiscountService.biz is web hosting company is rated number one when it comes to providing MediaWiki hosting services in Australia, it has fast become the industry leader in best and affordable hosting solutions. Their outstanding customer tech support and uptime stats of 99.9% set them apart from the rest, offering their clients feature-rich hosting services they just don’t want to part with. DiscountService.biz will give you a high power dedicated server hosting option that performs exceptionally at an exceptionally Cheap, reliable and affordable price. All of their servers are fully automated, and as such give you a reliable, fast network.
Overall, the software is a must-have for businesses and entrepreneurs to help manage their businesses. It is an integrated solution that helps you maintain your client-base, develop a relationship with your employees, exchange ideas, create a user-friendly environment for healthy interaction and keep track of everything you require. The most important thing this software helps you achieve is to save your time in amounts. And in business, time is money. And in the case that MediaWiki 1.28.1 is your best choice.