Popularly known for simple-to-setup content management system (CMS), WordPress has gained diversified businesses all across the globe. Initially, this CMS was launched with the aim of deploying blogging websites. But, with the growing time, many businesses found it imperative to deploy varied kinds of websites, especially ecommerce.
With the advent of WordPress in the ecommerce scenario, almost every year new plugin is being launched to improve the online experience. As a result, it becomes vital to choose the plugin wisely for your business as a better platform offers more opportunities for growth.
What points to consider while choosing WordPress eCommerce Plugin for Your Site?
In today’s time, there is a wide range of WordPress eCommerce plugins available in the market. But, it is not compulsory that all the plugins have a vital set of features that you might require for starting your eCommerce site. There are some eCommerce plugins that are good enough for selling digital goods such as music, photos, and many others while others are best suited for selling physical goods that require shipping and inventory management.
Here are some points to take into consideration while choosing the plugin:
- Select the plugin depending on the products and services you are planning to sell as well as the features you need to effectively run your business.
- Take the payment getaways into consideration that you will use for accepting the payments. Ensure to select those plugins that support those payment gateways by default or through add-ons.
- It is not possible for eCommerce plugin to have all the features and functionalities. Thus, the best way is to have addon plugins as it extends the functionality of the eCommerce plugin.
- Check what kind of support options are available for the plugin. Even if you hire a developer to work on the site, you may need help from time to time. Ensure to choose such a plugin that has a support system from where you can get assistance.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best WordPress plugins for ecommerce that can be utilized to enhance the website and create a hassle-free online shopping experience for the customers.
The Top 5 Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins in 2022
WooCommerce from WooThemes is one of the most popular WordPress plugins that promises to offer robust ecommerce facilities along with elegance. It comes with an array of features including a dashboard widget that makes it easier to check the progress of the online businesses. Being fully customizable, it comes with distinct payment options such as cash on delivery, Paypal, Cheque and many more. Apart from this, you can make addition of multifarious extensions to the plugin.
Eye-catchy Features Of WooCommerce
- Designed as per the WordPress best practices.
- Integrated with Google analytics.
- 100% compatible with WordPress themes.
- Strength and versatility.
- Completely customizable.
2. WP E-commerce
WP eCommerce is one of the first eCommerce plugins that is created. With over 2.5 million downloads, this plugin has managed to be on the top position for the past 5 years. This fully-featured WordPress theme comes equipped with flexible coupon codes, cross-page promotion, free shipping options and many more.
Impressive Features Of WP E-commerce
- Featured with shortcode and template tags.
- Supported by WordPress widget.
- Can be customized fully using custom HTML and CSS.
- Drag and drop feature for better customer experience.
Striking Features Of Jigoshop
- Stock tracker.
- Multifarious shipping methods.
- Can be easily set up and used.
- Secure and fully customizable.
- Wide range of payment gateways.
Shopp is among the top ecommerce centric plugins for WordPress. Fully compatible to be integrated with around 50 payment services, this plugin allows the businesses to choose apt one for their online store. With the aim to protect the store against any kind of breaching and hacking, this plugin has been programmed using the latest technology to be highly safe and secure.
Remarkable Features Of Shopp
- Fully responsive design.
- 100% compatible with WordPress themes and plugins.
- Discount feature.
- Option of multifarious images.
- Can be easily installed and used.
MarketPress is the best plugin when it comes to a well-designed and easy-to-customize platform. This plugin comes with distinct features and functionalities that streamline the way for the end-users to deploy the online store and sell an array of items. In addition to this, it also allows the users to build attractive pages for providing an awesome experience.
Striking Features Of MarketPress
- Fully compatible with all WordPress themes.
- Option of internationalization.
- Google Analytics.
- AJAX based.
- Numerous product variations.