WooCommerce Coupon Code
Here is how to create a discount code for your products and services:
Enable the use of coupons
If you want to create coupons for WooCommerce, you first need to enable this function in WooCommerce.
- Go to: WooCommerce >> Settings >> General to enable coupons.
- Tick the checkbox to Enable the use of coupon codes.
- Save Changes.
Adding a coupon
To add a coupon, go to WooCommerce >> Coupons. You can edit existing coupons or create new coupons by selecting Add Coupon.
At the top, you need to fill the two fields:
- Coupon codes: This is the code that you will be sharing with the customer.
- Description (optional): Describe the coupon. This doesn’t appear anywhere, but your administration page, it mainly helps you distinguish and manage the coupons better.
There are three tabs below you can use to add restrictions and limits for your coupon: General, Usage Restriction, and Usage Limits.
- Discount type:
– Fixed cart discount – A fixed total discount for the entire cart. For example, a cart worth 200$ with a coupon for $10 off will give a discount $10.
– Cart % Discount – A percentage discount for the entire cart. For example, a cart worth 200$ with a coupon for 5% off, will give a discount of 5%.
– Product discount – A fixed total discount for selected products only. For example, a cart with two * a $20 T-shirt and three * a $30 dress with the coupons are consecutive that $3 off for each T-shirt and $5 off for each dress will give a discount $21.
- Coupon amount – A fixed value or percentage off depending on the discount type you choose. Entered the number without the currency unit or a percent sign since these will be added automatically.
- Allow free shipping – Check this book if the coupon grants free shipping.
- Coupon expiry date – The date that the coupon can expire and no longer be used.
Usage Restriction Tab
Here are options under usage restrictions tab:
- Minimum spend – This field allows you to set the minimum spend (subtotal, including taxes) allowed to use with the coupon.
- Maximum spend – This field allows you to set the maximum subtotal to spend (subtotal, including taxes) allowed to use with the coupon.
- Individual use only – Tick this box if you don’t want the coupon to be used in addition to other coupons.
- Exclude sale items – Tick this box if you don’t want the coupon to apply to products on sale. Per-item coupons will only work if the item is not on sale. Per-cart coupons will only work if there are no sale items in the cart.
- Products – Product which needs to be in the cart to use the coupon.
- Exclude products – Product which must not be in the cart to be able to apply coupon.
- Product categories – A product must be in this category for the coupon to remain valid.
- Exclude categories – A product must not be in this category for the coupon to remain valid.
- Email restrictions – List of allowed emails to use with coupon when an order is placed. Separate email addresses with commas.
Usage Limit Tab
Here are the settings under usage limit tab:
- Usage limit per coupon – How many times a coupon can be used before it is void.
- Usage limit per user – How many times an individual user can use a coupon. Uses billing email for guests, and user ID for logged in users.
Creating WooCommerce Coupon Code Conclusion
Many buyers say they would not have purchased without a coupon. Furthermore, most consumers agree that voucher codes often finalize the decision if they are undecided about a purchase.
Creating a great coupon is only half the work. You need to spread the message out and put coupons into the right hands. Advertise coupons on social media and make sure you get the most out of your promotional campaign.
If you employ a sense of urgency and value into your offers, you can get new, happy customers that you might not have had otherwise.
Creating coupon code for your WooCommerce store is just one way to increase sales and conversions. You also need to reduce cart abandonment, add additional payment gateways to your store, you can allow deposit payments, etc.